Monday, April 19, 2010

The humble Triangle . . . .

Have you ever considered the safety triangle? We see them in all sorts of situations, warning us of possible pending obstacles, hazards or upcoming detours.

With or without words, the safety triangle seems to have an urgency about it.

Watch Out! Pay Attention! Slow Down! Back Off!

All these expressions come to mind when I see it's various combinations of bright neon yellow, green, orange and pink colors with added reflective safety tape.

Today I commuted to work on my bike with a safety triangle attached to a pannier - the left sided one - where all the cars breeze past - and I was amazed at how the cars on my way to work and then on my way home seemed to heed the silent warning expressed by my humble safety triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment